Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MARASCHINO CHERRIES



Maraschino Cherries....

Whether you say "marascheeno" or "maraskeeno", I say "YUK" or is that "YUCK"?

And yet, for how many years did I eat the horrible things?

Way too many.

But, perhaps the more important question is why? Was I simply caught up in sibling rivalry, fighting for every last bourbon-soaked cherry in my grandfather's cocktail glass? Did I acquire a taste for alcohol at a young age? Or, was I trying to win approval? Maybe it was a combination of all of the above.

How many times have you said "yes" when you wanted to say "no"? Are you the type that tries again and again to make others happy bur yet feel unappreciated and unhappy? You may be a people pleaser.

Read about people-pleasing behavior patterns identified by Jay Earley, Ph.D.

  • I try to be who someone wants me to be.
  • I am afraid to rock the boat.
  • It is hard for me to know what I want.
  • I avoid speaking my mind.
  • I find it easier to go along with what someone wants or with their opinion.
  • I fantasize about a strong person taking over my life and making it work.
  • It is hard for me to express my feelings when they are different from someone I’m close to.
  • It is difficult for me to say No.
  • I avoid getting angry.
  • It is hard for me to take initiative.
  • I try to be nice rather than expressing how I really feel.
  • I want everyone to get along.
If this list reminds you of your own life, take the time to check out the article and links on learning how to curb excessive people pleasing at SocialDesire.com


Quit eating the maraschino cherries of life.

0 comments:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name